Hey hey haaay! Hope you all are having a fabulous week! It's no surprise that I love being in the kitchen. I enjoy creating and making my own things. Plus I'm hella cheap! So any chance to save a buck I'm all over it like white on rice - OKAAAY!
If you really looked inside your kitchen, I mean one day just examine the heck out of it. I bet you would find a bunch of ingredients that you could use to make your own skincare. I know some of you are like "but girl, I'm lazy"! But even the laziest of girls can take 5 minutes to create amazingness!
Beautiful healthy radiant skin starts from with in! What you put into your body has a major effect on your outward appearance. If you stick to a diet that consist of whole foods, you will start to notice your hair growing, skin glowing and your energy flowing (<--- because sometimes I think I'm a rapper lol)! Seriously though, you are what you eat. Putting goodness in, transfers goodness out! I have always suffered with acne and scaring. I thought once I became an adult all of that would disappear, but I guess my skin didn't get the memo because I still breakout! I have noticed that since I changed my diet my skin hasn't been as bad. I mean I can walk around without makeup now and not scare people nearly as much as I used to!! Haha slightly kidding - not really kidding though!
YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT!
This mask is so natural you could eat it! The avocado, lemon juice, honey, apple cider vinegar and oatmeal all consist of unique properties that work together to provide nutrients and antioxidants to your skin! This mask will leave your skin feeling soothed, moisturized and extremely hydrated! I will warn you, due to the apple cider vinegar being in the mix it doesn't smell like roses! Yall know I have to keep it real with you lol! If you could look past that part then definitely give this a try.
I BET YOU DIDN'T KNOW...
- Jam packed with vitamin E, healthy fats and antioxidants which will keep your skin silky smooth
- Helps brighten your skin and thoroughly cleanses with its all natural antibacterial properties.
Lemon and Apple Cider Vinegar
- Contain citric acid which may help brighten the skin. Apple cider vinegar may help reduce inflammation on the skin.
- Works as an exfoliatant and also soothes the skin.
1/4 cup uncooked oatmeal - I used rolled oats
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp honey
1 tspn lemon juice
1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl (preferably one with a lid, so you can save the leftovers).
2. Mash all ingredients together and apply to your clean face.
3. Let mask sit for 20 minutes, then rinse off with warm water.
4. Pat dry and apply your favorite moisturizer.
I hope you guys have a fabulous day! Let me know if you decide to make this mask. Oh if you love this recipe, give this other oatmeal mask
In all that you do, stay pretty!
SOUND OFF! What are some of your favorite DIY at home facial cleansers? Do you love avocado's just as much as I do? Come chat with me down in the comments, I'd love to hear from you!
Peace, Happiness & Love