01 02 03 The Power of The Pretty : How to Make Your Own Facial Mask 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

How to Make Your Own Facial Mask

34


I was looking at my skin this morning and thinking "Girlfriend something needs to be done here". This weather has my skin looking and feeling extremely dry, basically a HOT MESS! Spring and I have a love hate relationship to say the least! So here I am looking at my face beating myself up for not taking my make-up off the other night (which YOU should do EVERY night) then telling myself get it together and do something about it. Walking into the bathroom I grab my favorite scrub I have been using for about a month that has seemed to work (Elf's Exfoliating Scrub). Taking the cap off excited to finally wash my beloved face, I begin squeezing the tube in anticipation of this exfoliating adventure.

A little drop comes out! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!! Of course this would happen! I have no more left! Great! I mean, I kind of knew I was running low. But I thought I would be able to get a little more out before it was completely done, you know how that goes?! The joke was clearly on me! What's a girl to do now? I decided to eat some breakfast (because eating always helps me think better lol) and probably venture to the store to re-up later!

Breakfast, hmmm oatmeal sounds good. PAUSE - Oatmeal is in a lot of scrubs, right?! Wait a minute! (Genius DUH moment)! Hello make your own facial scrub silly girl! Of course!

So I decided to share this at home oatmeal facial scrub with you. Making your own beauty products can be fun. It's also cheaper and better for your skin. Since they are all natural, they don't have harsh chemicals like many of the ones we buy at the store. Majority of the products, you probably already have in your kitchen. 


Why should you exfoliate?

As I always say, the first steps to having a flawless face is taking care of your skin and having a smooth base to work with. When your skin is happy, you can apply your makeup flawlessly. You are also able to use less product. Saving you money and time! 

Exfoliating your skin removes dead and dry skin cells which helps reveal your healthy beautiful skin. Using Oatmeal will remove and absorb all the surface dirt and impurities that have built up on your face. This will leave your skin feeling hydrated and refreshed! Oatmeal can also help soothe those annoying acne flare ups!

Ok, have I convinced you yet that using oatmeal is a great idea? If so let's get to mixing!



What you will need...




Stir first 3 ingredients together, then slowly begin stirring in the water. Leave mask on 2-3 minutes then wash off with warm water. 

And there you have it! I hope this helps you as much as it helped me today! My face is thankful and I know yours will be too! Leave me any comments below if you decide to try this out yourself.



Peace, Happiness & Love
Alethea

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38