The Power of The Pretty : Cali-Flower Pizza
Who says all pizza needs to be made with dough!? Try this tasty cauliflower crusted pizza for a lighter take on a favorite dish! I remixed the name because the bright colors from the veggies reminded me of being in Cali lol! So let's skip the high calorie pizzeria, and make this fresh fat blasting flavorful amazingness!
Here's what you'll need...
2 1/2 cups finely chopped fresh cauliflower (about 1/2 head)
1 1/2 shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
4 tsp chopped fresh oregano (dry works just fine if you can't get fresh)
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup sliced assorted bell peppers
1/2 cup sliced red onion
1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
2 tsp olive oil
3 tbsp organic pasta sauce
Dash of red pepper flakes
Let's make it...
1. Preheat oven to 450'F. Spray pizza pan or cake pan with nonstick olive oil spray.
2. Steam cauliflower until soft.
3. Add 1 cup of cheese, egg and 2 tsp of the oregano to cauliflower; mix well. For best results place all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
4. Pat mixture into pan
5. Combine veggies on a baking sheet lined with foil. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Spread in single layer.
6. Roast veggies 14 - 15 minutes or until tender. Bake cauliflower crust during last 10 - 12 minutes of cooking time or until crust is golden brown around edges.
7. Spread pasta sauce over crust; top with roasted veggies and remaining cheese. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle remaining oregano, basil and red pepper flakes.
Cut into slices and enjoy!
Peace, Happiness & Love
cauliflower pizza, Cooking light, fat blasting recipe, Weight loss recipe