01 02 03 The Power of The Pretty : Hot N' Spicy Quinoa Chicken Enchiladas 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Hot N' Spicy Quinoa Chicken Enchiladas

34


As you may know, I've totally been into the cooking thing. Mainly because I am eating healthier, and I enjoy cooking. It's a great stress reliever for me honestly. I love to make nothing into something. I enjoy creating, hence my obsession for the application of makeup.

I've been pondering the thought of creating a cooking blog. I'm not sure of it's necessary that I do that. What do you guys think? I know I have a lot of recipes that I want to share. Could I just create a section here for my recipes. Tell me how you feel in the comments. Don't forget to follow me on snapchat @aletheatodaro, where I do an array of cooking videos. It's a cool way to see how things go down in my kitchen!

Anywhooo let's get into the recipe...

Hot N' Spicy Quinoa Chicken Enchiladas

So I made this dish a few weeks ago, and GIRLLL I couldn't get enough. I hope you enjoy it just as much as I did.

Here's what you'll need...

1 cup uncooked vegetable quinoa
1½ cups chicken broth
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into fours
1 14 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheddar  cheese (I mixed half and half with 2% Cheddar Cheese)
4 cups enchilada sauce canned
1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
10 10-inch flour tortillas (or whole wheat tortillas)
2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash Original Blend Seasoning
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoons low sodium  taco seasoning
Half a red onion chopped
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno
Chopped up fresh cilantro

Let's make it...

Season your cut up chicken breast with the Mrs. Dash seasoning.
Put the cut up chicken breast, quinoa, and broth in a rice cooker. Set your cooker to "cook". Make sure to check that the chicken is cooked through when the setting is completed.

Once cooked, shred the chicken quinoa mixture in the pot.

Now add 1/2 of the enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes & green chiles, chili powder, taco seasoning, jalapeños, garlic, onions, black beans, and 1/2 cup of the cheese into the pot mixing them all together.

Turn the rice cooker back on and bring to a boil for about 10 minutes.

In the meantime preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray your 9x13 baking dish lightly with Coconut Oil cooking spray.

Place a scoop of the quinoa chicken filling in the center of a tortilla. Roll up and place seam-side down in a 9x13 baking dish.

Repeat until all tortillas are filled.Top with the remaining sauce and cheese.

Bake uncovered 20 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is melted and your mouth is watering and your heart is pounding lol.

Top with the fresh cilantro and serve it hunny!

Hey - guess what! These delicious Enchiladas are only 350 calories! Drops mic!


I hope you enjoyed this recipe, and I hope you're excited about this series. Let me know if you decide to make it!

Till next time...


Peace, Love & Happiness
Alethea

Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38