01 02 03 The Power of The Pretty : Keep or Toss - How Long Should I Keep My Mascara 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Keep or Toss - How Long Should I Keep My Mascara

34


Hey loves, I am here today with a quick tip, of knowing when to toss your mascara! A lot of people may not even realize they should throw them away! If you are a make up junkie, like myself, you probably have tons of mascara on your vanity right now. When is the last time you've thrown one away? If you can't think of the answer to that question, you might want to continue reading.






As beautiful as mascara may makes your eyes look, it is a breeding ground for bacteria. Every time you open your mascara you expose it to air, which makes it easier to grow bacteria. The rule is you should keep your (opened) mascara no longer then 3 months. Most mascaras have a anti-bacterial agent in them that last up to about 6 weeks, which will prevent any eye infections from accruing. Once you have reached your 3 month mark, toss that baby! You can always purchase a new one, which is way better then dealing with painful eye infections. Even if you try to extend the life of the mascara, it will dry up on you and not work so well, so it's kind of pointless doing that. Check to see if your mascara has an expiration date. That is also very helpful. Always remember, health before beauty! :-)




SOUND OFF! What are some of your favorite mascaras? Do you follow the 3 month rule? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below, I'd love to hear from you. 

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38