01 02 03 The Power of The Pretty : Beauty Blogger Tips 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Beauty Blogger Tips

34



So you want to be a beauty blogger huh? You have read 100's of blogs, and thought to yourself "I can do this too." You are up on all the current trends in the industry, and can't wait to share with others what you know. Blogging is not all glitz and glam like a lot of people like to portray. Blogging is a lot of hard work-if you want to be a serious blogger, and turn your blog into a business.


One of my favorite things to do is read how-to blog post. I love reading other peoples experiences, and finding out what they have done, and what works for them. If that is why you are reading this, you might as well stop here because this is NOT one of those post.

As much as I enjoy reading these post, I have grown to see a trend in them. I realized that they all say to do the same things. You know the usual, be an active blogger, comment on other bloggers post, be active on social media, spend as much time promoting your blog as you can. The more time you promote the better.

Now I am not knocking this advice at all, because it is true. You should promote your blog as much as you can. I mean duh that's a no brainier. You spent all this damn time putting together this wonderful post, of course you want other people to see it. But my thing is, for me the whole reason I wanted to become a blogger is so that I could share my views and opinions with others. I want to be able to help people. Well how am I going to share these views with others if I spend all my time blasting my post all over social media, and the rest of the time on other bloggers post reading and commenting. Like hello what about my blog? When do I get to write?

So my best piece of advice for a new blogger is stay true to yourself. Do not sell yourself out just for people to read your blog. Do not get caught up in promoting yourself every second of the day, that you forget why you began blogging to begin with. And that is to share your thoughts with others. I think it should be a 50/50 split. 50% creating great content from your heart that people will want to read, and 50% of the time being a social butterfly and letting people know about the great post you just created.

This is something I am currently learning, I hope it helps you as well. Don't get caught up in the hype. Like anything wonderful blogging takes time to become great at. So like planting a beautiful flower, you have to nurture it daily to make sure if grows to its maximum potential (I assume that's how it works, I don't garden lol.) Enjoy the growing process of blogging it is a beautiful experience. Enjoy writing and creating new content. Once you do this everything else will fall into place.



SOUND OFF! Do you think you spend more time promoting your content vs creating it?  Let me know your thoughts in the comments below. I'd love to hear from you.



Labels: ,

35 36 37 38