01 02 03 The Power of The Pretty : How To Keep Weight Off For Good PT. 1 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

How To Keep Weight Off For Good PT. 1

34


Fitness Friday's 
 


"Fail to prepare, Prepare to Fail."


No one just wakes up and suddenly has a successful life. Unless you are Paris Hilton, that is. Lol. We start every huge decision with a plan. Would you show up to a job interview or decide to take a vacation without planning ahead? Probably not. Weight loss works the same way.

This week is all about meal preparation. It is so important to start your week off already knowing what you are going to eat. Eating healthy is a big part of shedding pounds. No one wants to get caught off guard, on a busy day and not know what they are going to eat. This is how we make bad choices. To prevent that from happening, prepping your meals in advance will save you a lot of time, and unnecessary decisions.



"Proper, Prior, Planning, Prevents Poor Performance"
Say that fast 5 times
Planning ahead and prioritizing makes life, say it with me...E-A-S-I-E-R! Who would of thought right? This sets you up for a lifetime of success. Having everything packed and available at your disposal will make your mornings less stressful. Preventing you from stopping at that Chinese restaurant during your lunch break, and devouring an L2 Lunch Special with Pork Fried Rice, and uh hold the Egg Roll "I'm on a diet." Uhhh, trust me I've been there, and it got me 40 lbs heavier!

Think of planning your meals ahead of time, and meal preparation as your plan to a healthier body, and healthier you! The biggest challenge you will face is managing your time, so that becoming healthier doesn't take over your day to day commitments. Like taking care of your family, or spending time with friends.

The first thing you should do to start this new adventure, is go grocery shopping on the weekends. This is going to save you a heck of a lot of time during the week. Purchasing food on the weekends allows you to get a head start on thinking of what you want to make for the week ahead.

Not gonna lie, I still kind of suck at doing this. But I keep telling myself that if I take this extra time today, my body will thank me in the long run. I've been doing this for about a month now and I have seen a drastic change in how I look, and feel. Results are the best motivators in my opinion.


How To Start Meal Prepping




1. Don't Overwhelm Yourself - If this is your first time trying it out, start with prepping for 1 or 2 days first. Start slow don't just dive right into preparing for a week.

*One thing that helps me is, I eat my left over dinner for my lunch the next day. 

2. Make a plan - Decide what you want to eat for the week. Make a list and take it with you to the store. STICK TO THE LIST!

3. Use Measuring Cups - Portion control is everything, you may want to even invest in a food scale.

4. Take It Slow - You don't have to cook everything all in one night. If this means getting your veggies ready first, by chopping everything up, or portioning out your snacks for the week. Even cutting up, or marinating your meat is a great start. I love slicing up all my fruits and veggies, and portioning them out in zip lock baggies, so when I'm ready I can just grab them and go.

5. Do What Works For You - Cater this to what you like. Just like any other plan, weight loss is the same. You have to cater it to your lifestyle. So if you want to start out just prepping one thing for the week, then go for it. The first thing I ever prepped was hard boiled eggs. I made enough for the week and put them in a container. It took me all of 10 minutes to do. I had breakfast for the week and it was awesome! Do what works for you.

6. Don't Get Fancy - I only prep Breakfast, Snacks, and Lunch. I enjoy making a fresh dinner every night. It keeps it exciting that way, and my daughter loves helping. Don't feel like you have to make EVERYTHING, unless that works for you. Many people are cool with eating the same things on a daily basis. I get bored easily and need variety. I love trying new recipes out for dinner.


Don't expect to have this down in one night. Weight loss takes time. It is a process that you have to enjoy. Nothing happens over night. It takes 21 days to stick to a habit, so give yourself time. Meal prepping is something I am still learning as well. Don't give up if you made a mistake. Keep at it, and make adjustments along the way. Just remember that this is making your life easier in the long run. Once you figure it out you won't have to worry about what you are going to eat, because it will all be ready for you. Allowing you to be able to enjoy some extra family time, or indulge in another activity. Weight loss is not only a journey, but it is a lifestyle. Making daily changes will secure your future.You won't have to worry about gaining all the weight back after you lose if if you start with changes like this.


Next Friday I will show you exactly what, and how I prep for my week. I will also share some easy fat burning recipes, that take all of 5 minutes to prepare-from breakfast to lunch. So make sure you check back in!




SOUND OFF! Do you meal prep? Have you tried it before? Do you think prepping your meals helps with controlling your eating habits? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below. I'd love to hear from you!



Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38