01 02 03 The Power of The Pretty : The Disadvantage's Of Synthetic Hair 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The Disadvantage's Of Synthetic Hair

34
*This is synthetic hair!


I love weave! I mean I live and die by my weave and extensions if you know what I mean lol! As far back as I can remember, my hair has been in some type of weave. My mom was a very talented woman, but when it came to doing my hair as a child she didn't quite know what to do. She got me my own hairstylist when I was 7 (can we say spoiled) her name was Vera (Heeeey girl). For the most part she braided my hair, she did great but it would be so tight! Do you remember getting your hair braided and having to sleep a certain way because it hurt so much lol
#thestruggle. Every time Vera finished my hair she would have me shake it out and recite "More hair, More hair", as to say, once I take these braids out my hair better grow! Over the years Vera kept doing my hair and I kept reciting "More hair, More hair", but more hair wasn't coming. In fact at time's my hair would break after taking my braids out. I thought there was something wrong with me.Year's passed and I kept my weave game strong, every 2 weeks I had a new style of some sort. Still my hair wasn't growing the way that I wanted it or thought it should be.

 I decided to go natural as I mentioned in my co-washing post, and have been using weave's as a protective style. I was hesitant at first, thinking will my hair actually grow if I put weave in it? My past experiences it didn't. One day I decided to do some research. Come to find out the issue I was having was that the majority of the weave I was using was made with synthetic hair. Apparently unbeknownst to me, synthetic hair can aid in the breakage of your hair. For a girl with sensitive hair this made complete sense. I have listed below a few reasons why you may want to think twice before you purchase that synthetic hair at the beauty supply store. I know it can be cheaper then using human hair or a human blend but cheaper isn't always better.

Con's of Synthetic Hair For Your Scalp
Con's of Using And Styling Synthetic Hair
Like anyone I love a good deal, but finding this out I have definitely stepped my weave buying game up to better quality hair. If I do happen to use hair that is not 100% human I always protect my natural hair first.


SOUND OFF - What kind of hair do you use? How do you feel about synthetic hair or hair that is not 100% human? Let me know in the comment's below!


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38